The Britain First activist and former leader of the extreme-right hate group has been jailed for contempt of court.
Just four days after the High Court banned Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen from organising Mosque invasions, Golding drove four Britain First extremists to a mosque in Cardiff to conduct another mosque invasion.
Involving himself in a mosque invasion just days after the High Court ruling was clearly an attempted act of defiance. However when Golding was faced with a much stiffer sentence for contesting the court case, Golding decided to take the coward's way out and plead guilty pretending that he had simply misunderstood the court ruling to stop him from harassing Muslims.
Contemptuously ignoring a court order is far from the only example of Paul Golding and his Britain First mob displaying outright disdain for Britain and British values.
- In 2001 Paul Golding insulted British veterans by attending a Remembrance Day event at a cenotaph wearing a pair of underpants on his head as some kind of National Front publicity stunt (see photo).
- Golding's underpants stunt isn't his only display of contempt towards veterans. Britain First have been asked on multiple occasions by the Royal British Legion to stop using the red poppy symbol to hawk their own tawdry products, but they have persisted regardless.
- Britain First have regularly displayed shocking levels of contempt for British history, culture and values. Not least with their brazenly ignorant efforts to deny the existence of the Celtic nations and languages.
- In 2016 Golding put on a bigoted display of contempt for democracy by turning his back on the newly elected mayor of London Sadiq Khan during his acceptance speech.
- After the suspected Britain First activist Thomas Mair killed the Labour MP Jo Cox, Golding displayed utter contempt for the concept of open and fair justice by calling for Mair to be "strung up from the nearest lamp post" by a lynch mob instead of being brought to justice in a court of law.
If you know someone who shares Britain First posts, perhaps you could share this article with them to give them an idea of the kind of contemptuous Britain-hating extreme-right fanatics they're giving free publicity to every time they share one of their posts?
Another Angry Voice is a "Pay As You Feel" website. You can have access to all of my work for free, or you can choose to make a small donation to help me keep writing. The choice is entirely yours.