Thursday 13 July 2023

Check out Another Angry Voice on Substack

During the Another Angry Voice heyday I was getting huge amounts of traffic from Facebook and Twitter, but I've gradually been tuned down to such an extent that links I post to this blog are now virtually invisible to the 400,000 people who follow AAV across these platforms.

During the 2017 General Election Facebook virality made me the most shared political writer of the entire election campaign. Three of my articles achieved over a million hits each (the #1, #2, and #7 most shared articles of the entire campaign), and almost all the other articles easily passed 100,000.

These days AAV has been tuned down so much that it's a rarity when one of my increasingly rare blog posts beats 10,000 hits, which equates to a 90%+ collapse in visibility since 2017, despite my follower count continuing to rise slightly.

The Facebook algorithm has basically made AAV invisible to 97% of the people who follow the page, including many thousands who have explicitly asked for AAV to be prioritised in their feed via the "see first" option.

I've basically got no choice at this point but to try to diversify my social media presence, and creating a new AAV Substack seems like the logical pace to start.

Substack is like a blog host, social media account, fundraiser, and mailing list all rolled into one.

The main benefit is that there is no dodgy social media censorship algorithm between me and my Substack audience, deciding on their behalf that the majority of them no longer want to to see any of my content.

If you follow me on there, you'll get notifications every time I put up a new post, unless you decide to unsubscribe for yourself.

I'll aim to do around five posts per week to begin with to avoid overwhelming people with too much stuff.

I'll continue posting things on Facebook too, because I still have a huge audience there. But the new plan is to try to build Substack up as a kind of "inner circle" for my most supportive and enthusiastic readers.

I fully expect the majority of Substack subscribers to choose the free option, but if you can afford to sign up for a paid subscription you will be really helping me out enormously, and supporting me to keep producing more content.

Here's the link:

Another Angry Voice on Substack

Thanks everyone,

Tom (Another Angry Voice)
 

6 comments:

Booi said...

Thanks for the informative and insightful articles

Shannon Mackle said...

Get cured from hsv-1&2.. visit (R.buckler11 @gmail com)..........

I highly recommend ������❤

Eliminate Hsv- 1&2 (Herpes)..through herbal means…

This herbal Doctor is the best online,

MykB said...

I used to be one of the lucky ones that saw most of what you posted on Facebook. Not any more, they decided I was too outspoken, too much of a threa, so they shut me down! Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with AAV on here...

Anonymous said...

I can confirm your posts disappeared from my Wastebook posts over the last six months or so.
Given substantial changes in my personal circumstances I no longer post on there and feel generally less mentally cluttered for distancing myself from it.
I have subscribed to your Substack posts - for free at first - but I anticipate being able to contribute financially from May, when I get my free bus pass. Meanwhile, I am so happy to receive your nourishing daily posts as an antidote to, well, everything really.

Najwa Yaminah said...

It's an amazing blog. knowing that Another Angry Voice (AAV) is special. The main thing to any writer is that, their blog which they written can would achieve millions of hits. Additionally, If any political person wants to have a personal statement writer it may hit millions too. every person knows there are multiple social media platforms. this platform can make any blog hit hundreds of millions if the content is really unique and realistic basis.

Gez Winstanley said...

Hello: been following your content on and off for years now, but wondering if you've blogged anywhere yet about this, which looks like one major real reason we are stuck in eternal “there is no money” austerity: basically, the British establishment appears to be colluding with the Bank of England to destroy loads of the public money (nearly a TRILLION over just under a decade), or, in other words, is transferring the costs of dealing with more than a decade's worth of crises, from the Financial Crash to COVID, which were met by creating new money (Quantitative Easing), into hundreds of billions of real public debt. See:
https://gezwinstanley.wordpress.com/2024/03/11/stop-the-quantitative-tightening-scam/