The latest Tory social media propaganda drive involves sending out hundreds of sponsored Facebook ads targeting at people they consider credulous enough to believe their "tough on crime" posturing.
You'd have to have been living under a rock since 2010 to be unaware that the Tories have inflicted unprecedented austerity cuts on the police service.
Here are just some of the disastrous consequences of this Tory ideological assault on policing:
- 21,000+ police jobs scrapped since 2010 [source]
- 40% of Police Community Support Officer jobs scrapped since 2010 [source]
- An 18% reduction in overall police workforce since 2010 [source]
- More than 600 police stations shut down, and entire towns left without police stations [source]
- UK per capita police numbers at the lowest since the 1970s [source]
- Soaring violent crime rates, especially knife crime, murder/manslaughter, mugging, and sexual offences [source]
- Tory police cuts severely hampering counter-terrorism efforts. [source]
- 91% of crimes resulting in nobody being charged [source]
|The Tories have sent out hundred|
of these phishing scam political
They were so vehement about it that Theresa May even accused the Police Federation of "scare-mongering" and "crying wolf" for objecting to her police cuts agenda back in 2012.
If "more police = less crime" ... what does less police equal?
Logic dictates that the answer is "more crime" and that Boris Johnson just implicated the Tories for the soaring crime rates since they trashed the police force, but according to Tory doublethink, the answer is also less crime!
These Tory sponsored adverts are clearly a political phishing scam aimed at collecting the personal details of people so dim that they can simultaneously believe Boris Johnson's claim that "more police = less crime", but also believe Theresa May and David Cameron's claims that "fewer police = less crime" too!
The target audience for these ads are people so gullible that they probably even imagine that Boris Johnson personally reads all the comments they send in, rather than the feedback box just being a method of blagging people's contact details so they can be constantly bombarded with a never ending barrage of Tory propaganda aimed at the people the Tory party have profiled as psychologically weak, politically uneducated, and ridiculously gullible.
Have pity on the poor deluded cognitive dissonance riddled souls this Tory propaganda drive is aimed at fooling, but also be aware that these people get one vote each, just as people who aren't astoundingly credulous do too.
Another Angry Voice is a "Pay As You Feel" website. You can have access to all of my work for free, or you can choose to make a small donation to help me keep writing. The choice is entirely yours.